The Registered Nurses will render and promote cost effective, safe quality patient care in accordance with hospital standards and policies.
The incumbent will further be responsible for direct and /or indirect nursing care of a patient or a group of patients, for assessing, planning, executing and supervising the implementation of care to meet patients needs, is a role model in the delivery of evidence based care and will actively participate in Clinical Governance.
KEY WORK OUTPUT AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• To Audit of health records to ensure compliance
• Ensure all stock is well controlled and managed, charged and credited appropriately
• Keep abreast of current research in the discipline
• Effective risk prevention and management
• Maintain a therapeutic, clean and safe environment that is free from medico-legal hazards
• Adhere to the Netcare Resuscitation and Reanimation policy
• Adhere to Netcare medical waste management principles and all other waste management principles
• Maintain a safe working environment in accordance with the Machinery and Occupational Safety Act
• Report and act upon potential/actual risks identified
• Responsible for ensuring correct use, cleaning and storage of equipment
• Report equipment needing repair or replacement
• Work effectively and co-operatively with others to establish and maintain good working relationships that
are mutually beneficial.
• Create and maintain a positive environment where the differences of others are recognized, understood,
and valued, so that all can reach their full potential and maximize their contributions.
• Develop collaborative relationships to help accomplish work goal.
• Keep up to date with Netcare’s evolving policies and procedures
• Assumes responsibility for own personal and professional development
SKILLS PROFILE EDUCATION
• Qualified as a Registered Nurse and registered with SANC.
• Relevant qualification within a specialist area.
• Matric qualification or equivalent qualification.
• Relevant experience in the nursing discipline;
• Capacity to implement and maintain standards of health practice required from all accredited bodies and
appropriate health legislation;
• Previous Surgical or Medical experience essential.
• Thorough knowledge of general / specialized nursing theory and practice;
• Extensive knowledge of modern nursing care principles and practices in the highly specialised field.
NON MANAGERIAL/ SPECIALIST SKILLS
Coaching Others* The capacity to recognise development areas in others and support them to
facilitate personal development through coaching.
Leading and Managing Change* The capacity to implement and support change initiatives and to provide leadership in times of uncertainty.
Performance Development* The ability to evaluate and develop different levels of capacity within a team to achieve set objectives.
Taking Action Capable of recognising the need for action, considering possible risks and
taking responsibility for results.
Decision Making Capable of making decisions timeously and taking responsibility for the
Managing Self Capacity to plan, organize and control own work environment by setting
appropriate priorities and achieving set objectives within a given time frame.
Customer Focus and Service
The capacity to identify and respond to the needs of *internal and external
*Internal and external customers include patients, doctors, colleagues,
suppliers, visitors, vendors and any other person that requires a relationship
Adapting and Responding to
Capable of supporting and advocating change initiatives and managing own
reaction to change.
Continuous Improvement The capacity to improve systems and processes to facilitate continuous
Personal Work Ethic Capacity to instil an ethic of quality and consistency in self and others.
Building Relationships Capacity to establish constructive and effective relationships.
Communication The capacity to clearly present information, either written or verbal.
Teamwork Capacity to cooperate with others to work towards a common goal.
Technical Knowledge The capacity to perform a technical function to required standards.
VALUES AND BEHAVIOURS
Netcare Values At Netcare, our core value is care. We care about the dignity of our patients
and all members of the Netcare family. We care about the participation of our
people and our partners in everything we do. We care about truth in all our
actions. We are passionate about quality care and professional excellence.
• Care - The basis of our business. The professional, ethical patient care and
services we offer at every level of the organisation.
• Truth - The crucial element in building relationships that work. Open
communication with honesty and integrity is essential.
• Dignity - An acknowledgement of the uniqueness of individuals. A
commitment to care with the qualities of respect and understanding.
• Passion - The creative, passionate and innovative drive to do things better
than before. To develop and implement successful healthcare solutions
• Participation - The willingness and desire to work in productive and
creative partnerships with others and the commitment to communicate.
The Netcare Way Netcare is committed to providing quality care. Our basic service standard holds us accountable for the below seven behaviours which you will be accountable to uphold:
• I always greet everyone to show my respect.
• I always wear my name badge to show my identity.
• I am always well groomed to show my dignity.
• I always practise proper hand hygiene to show my care.
• I always seek consent to show my compassion.
• I always say thank you to show my appreciation.
• I always embrace diversity to show I am not a racist.
APPLICATION PROCESS NETCARE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Company's approved Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment
process aligned to the Group’s Employment Equity strategy. Netcare actively supports the recruitment of people
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are requested to e-mail a detailed CV
• Please note that reference checks for internal applicants will be conducted with the current and past
Netcare direct line managers of the applicant and the relevant Netcare HR Managers. Employees are therefore encouraged to discuss internal job applications with their direct line manager to ensure that the line manager is aware of the application.
• In the event of a candidate having any disability that may impair the individual’s ability to perform the job function, the candidate must kindly inform the employer so that an assessment for reasonable accommodation can be made.
• By applying for this position and providing us with your CV and other personal information, you are consenting to the information being used for the specific purpose for which it was provided, which is recruitment purposes and possible appointment purposes (should you be successful).
Please note that your information will be processed for recruitment purposes only or for such purposes relating to assessing the establishment of an employment relationship with yourself, and this will be done in accordance with the applicable data protection and privacy legislation. We confirm that such information will not be used for any other purpose without obtaining your prior consent.
• If your application is not successful, we retain your CV and other information provided for a period of 6 months after which it will be destroyed in a secure manner.
If you object to your information being used in accordance with the aforementioned clauses, please indicate your objection and we will immediately destroy your personal information in a secure manner.