The Enrolled Nurses Auxiliary will be responsible for direct and / or indirect nursing care of a patient or group of patients and will function under the direct and / or indirect supervision of the Registered Nurse. This includes caring for the patient, his possessions, documentation and the control and economical use of stock and equipment in the ward.
KEY WORK OUTPUT AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Maintain professional conduct and standards at all times in accordance with hospital policies and procedures;
• Ability to implement and maintain standards of health practice required from all accredidation bodies and applicable nursing and health legislation;
• The prevention of disease and the promotion of health and family planning by means of information to individuals and groups;
• Monitor patients vital signs – implement and maintain hygiene, physical comfort and reassurance of patients;
• Perform any reasonable task as per request of a superior;
• Responsible for self development and continual updrading of job – related knowledge and skills;
• Participate in ward/unit quality improvement programme.
SKILLS PROFILE EDUCATION
• Registration with the South African Nursing Council as an Enrolled Nurse Auxiliary;
• Appropriate qualifications for specialist areas;
• Grade 12 or an equivalent qualification.
• Relevant experience in the nursing discipline would be an advantage;
• Must perform all duties required in the scope of practice for an Enrolled Nurse Auxiliary.
• The ability to work well under pressure ant to maintain effectiveness during changing conditions;
• The ability to develop using collaborative relationships to help accomplish work goals;
• The ability to actively participate as a member of a team to achieve goals;
• The ability to identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities in order to take appropriate action
and / or to resolve problems;
• The ability to produce work of a high quality standard by accurately checking processes and tasks;
• The ability to maintain stable performance under pressure by handling stress in an acceptable way to personnel and the organisation;
• Must be prepared to be flexible in working hours / shift work.
NON MANAGERIAL/ SPECIALIST SKILLS
Coaching Others* The capacity to recognise development areas in others and support them to facilitate personal development through coaching.
Leading and Managing Change* The capacity to implement and support change initiatives and to provide leadership in times of uncertainty.
Performance Development* The ability to evaluate and develop different levels of capacity within a team to achieve set objectives.
Taking Action Capable of recognising the need for action, considering possible risks and taking responsibility for results.
Decision Making Capable of making decisions timeously and taking responsibility for the consequences.
Managing Self Capacity to plan, organise and control own work environment by setting appropriate priorities and achieving set objectives within a given time frame.
Customer Focus and Service
The capacity to identify and respond to the needs of *internal and external customers.
*Internal and external customers include patients, doctors, colleagues,suppliers, visitors, vendors and any other person that requires a relationship
Adapting and Responding to Change
Capable of supporting and advocating change initiatives and managing own reaction to change.
Continuous Improvement The capacity to improve systems and processes to facilitate continuous
Personal Work Ethic Capacity to instil an ethic of quality and consistency in self and others.
Building Relationships Capacity to establish constructive and effective relationships.
Communication The capacity to clearly present information, either written or verbal.
Teamwork Capacity to cooperate with others to work towards a common goal.
Technical Knowledge The capacity to perform a technical function to required standards.
VALUES AND BEHAVIOURS
Netcare Values At Netcare, our core value is care. We care about the dignity of our patients and all members of the Netcare family. We care about the participation of our
people and our partners in everything we do. We care about truth in all our actions. We are passionate about quality care and professional excellence.
• Care - The basis of our business. The professional, ethical patient care and services we offer at every level of the organisation.
• Truth - The crucial element in building relationships that work. Open
communication with honesty and integrity is essential.
• Dignity - An acknowledgement of the uniqueness of individuals. A
commitment to care with the qualities of respect and understanding.
• Passion - The creative, passionate and innovative drive to do things better than before. To develop and implement successful healthcare solutions for all.
• Participation - The willingness and desire to work in productive and creative partnerships with others and the commitment to communicate.
The Netcare Way Netcare is committed to providing quality care. Our basic service standard
holds us accountable for the below seven behaviours which you will be accountable to uphold:
• I always greet everyone to show my respect.
• I always wear my name badge to show my identity.
• I am always well groomed to show my dignity.
• I always practise proper hand hygiene to show my care.
• I always seek consent to show my compassion.
• I always say thank you to show my appreciation.
• I always embrace diversity to show I am not a racist.
NETCARE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Company's approved Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to the Group’s Employment Equity strategy. Netcare actively supports the recruitment of people with disabilities.
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are requested to e-mail a detailed CV
• Please note that reference checks for internal applicants will be conducted with the current and past
Netcare direct line managers of the applicant and the relevant Netcare HR Managers. Employees are therefore encouraged to discuss internal job applications with their direct line manager to ensure that the line manager is aware of the application.
• In the event of a candidate having any disability that may impair the individual’s ability to perform the job function, the candidate must kindly inform the employer so that an assessment for reasonable accommodation can be made.
• By applying for this position and providing us with your CV and other personal information, you are consenting to the information being used for the specific purpose for which it was provided, which is recruitment purposes and possible appointment purposes (should you be successful). Please note that your information will be processed for recruitment purposes only or for such purposes relating to assessing the establishment of an employment relationship with yourself, and this will be done in accordance with the applicable data protection and privacy legislation. We confirm that such information will not be used for any other purpose without obtaining your prior consent.
• If your application is not successful, we retain your CV and other information provided for a period of 6 months after which it will be destroyed in a secure manner. If you object to your information being used in accordance with the aforementioned clauses, please indicate your objection and we will immediately destroy your personal information in a secure manner.