Accounant - Steenberg
Steenberg, Cape Town
Type of Business:
· Reporting on and maintaining the financial records of the company by:
· Recording financial transactions.
· Preparing, controlling, balancing & reviewing various income statement & balance sheet accounts.
· Preparing monthly management accounts.
Key Performance Areas:
· Recording financial transactions
· Maintaining financial records
· Capturing/importing, reviewing & posting invoices, receipts, credit notes & payment requisitions in Quickbooks.
· Preparing, reviewing & posting cashbook transactions.
· Preparing, reviewing & posting journal entries with the necessary supporting documentation.
· Maintaining financial records
· Performing bank reconciliations.
· Follow up on all unpaid items on the bank reconciliations.
· Always ensuring supporting documentation, for debit orders, is obtained timeously, authorised and maintained.
· Reconciling various income statement & balance sheet accounts.
· Follow up on and investigate all reconciling items on the IS & BS accounts.
· Follow up on outstanding debtor transactions.
· Maintain the creditors’ age analysis of assigned companies in the group.
· Maintain fixed asset register.
· Maintain accounting controls by preparing/recommending policies & procedures.
· Prepare VAT reconciliations & payments.
· Prepare any and all SARS returns in set timelines and in accordance with relevant legislation.
· Keep filing within Finance up to date.
· Do daily cash flow for Directors
· Develop, maintain and analyse budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted cost to actual cost.
· Prepare (assist in preparing) monthly management accounts including consolidated IS, BS, cash flow and notes thereto.
· Assist in answering queries that may arise from management accounts by preparing schedules for (and analysing) income statement & balance sheet accounts.
· Assist in answering accounting/tax procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy & regulations and tax legislation.
· Complete SARS returns as and when required, including (but not limited to) Income Tax returns, VAT return, Dividends Withholding Tax return and ADRs.
· Assist with internal/external audits on the group of companies, including liaising with third parties. Any other tasks as required from time to time to ensure that accounts department runs smoothly.
Education & Experience required:
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the management of financial systems and budgets, financial reporting, financial data analysis and taxation.
· B.Com Accounting degree or equivalent.
· Knowledge of Quickbooks.
· Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
· Knowledge & experience of accounting computer applications.
· Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook.
· Attention to detail and accuracy.
· Planning and organizing.
· Strategic thinking.
· Information and task monitoring.
· Problem identification and analysis.
· Judgment and problem-solving.
· Supervisory skills.
· Stress tolerance.
· Strong analytical and accounting skills.
· Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
· Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty.
· The individual will be expected to work with minimal up-front guidance and take ownership of his/her work product.
· Own transport
· Valid contactable references
· No older than 45
Please submit your CV to