SENIOR COURT INTERPRETER (3 POSTS)
CENTRE : NORTH WEST HIGH COURT: MMABATHO, REF NO: 2018/369/OCJ
MBOMBELA HIGH COURT (RE-ADVERT), REF NO: 2018/370/OCJ
PIETERMARITZBERG HIGH COURT, REF NO: 2018/371/OCJ
LEVEL : 7
The successful candidate will be required to sign a performance agreement.
• Grade 12 and a National Diploma in Legal Interpreting or equivalent relevant qualification in the field of
languages and a minimum of 3 years practical experience in Court Interpreting or Grade 12 and ten (10) years
practical experience in Court Interpreting;
• Proficiency in English and two or more indigenous languages;
• A valid driver’s license and knowledge of foreign or sign language will be an added advantage;
• Candidates will be required to undergo oral and written language proficiency testing.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal);
• Computer literacy (MS Office);
• Good interpersonal relations.
• Ability to work under pressure and solve problems.
• Accuracy and attention to detail;
• Customer services;
• Planning and organizing skills;
• Confidentiality, Analytical thinking, Listening skills.
• Time management and the ability to work under pressure.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
• Render Interpreting services in Criminal, civil, labour and Quasi-judicial court proceedings;
• Interpreting during consultation;
• Translate legal documents and exhibits;
• Assist with reconstruction of court record;
• Develop terminology, coin words, control and supervision of interpreter;
• Perform specific line and administrative support functions to the Judiciary, Court Manager and supervisor.
APPLICATIONS: NORTH WEST: Quoting the relevant reference number, direct your application to: The
OCJ Provincial Head, Office of the Chief Justice, Private Bag X 2033, MMABATHO, 2735
or hand deliver applications to 22 Molopo Road, Ayob Gardens: Mafikeng, ENQUIRIES:
Mr L Moetanalo (018) 397 7065
MPUMALANGA: Quoting the relevant reference number, direct your application to: The
OCJ Provincial Head: Office of the Chief Justice, Private Bag X11249, Nelspruit, 1200.
Applications can also be hand delivered to: Office of the Chief Justice, Provincial Centre,
th floor, 30 Brown Street, Nedbank Centre, NELSPRUIT. ENQUIRIES: MR MV Maeko
(013) 753 9337
KWAZULU-NATAL: Quoting the relevant reference number, direct your application to:
The Provincial Head, Office of the Chief Justice, Private Bag X54372,, Durban, 4000, or
hand deliver applications to the Office of the Chief Justice, Human Resource Management,
1st floor, 2 Devonshire place, off Anton Lembede Street, Durban