Lab Technician - Civil Services
• Offering of practical classes in the workshop for Civil Services students in the B Ed FET. (Technical) Civil Technology.
• Preparation of experiments and material for practical work for student.
• Supervise and assist students during practical work and conduct limited practical sessions.
• Regular maintenance of all equipment and infrastructure in the laboratory (regular inspections/trouble shooting, installation, requisitions for maintenance, manage access etc.)
• Occupational Health and Safety management in the workshop.
• Do safety inspections and regular risk assessments.
• Supervise and assist students on field trips in collaboration with lecturers.
• Supervision, including visitation of WIL students in collaboration with academic staff.
A 3 Year National Diploma in Civil Services/Plumbing.
A trade in Civil Services/Plumbing
3 years’ experience in trade
Teaching, research and / or relevant experience in industry would be a strong recommendation
A related Technical Educational qualification would be a strong recommendation
• Registration with professional body (if applicable):
Registered with SACE
Send your CV to: