Joining Vodacom is more than a job, what we do matters. We don’t just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people’s lives. And that’s a huge responsibility. If you think for a minute about the people you rely on…the likelihood is they rely on us.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers, and the communities in which we live and work. We support our people to give something back to the causes that mean the most to them through helping them give time and money to the charities they love.
And what’s it like to work here? We have created an environment where you can look forward to coming to work and are empowered to be at your best. We offer flexibility in how you work that helps you do your job in a way that suits you, opportunities to help you grow and progress throughout your career and a choice of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
The H Band Specialist: MIS role is based within Commercial Operations.
An exciting position awaits an incumbent who is structured; detail oriented and keen to add value to a dynamic team. In this important role, you will support the business through MIS & data analysis & will be responsible for providing quality reports and data to make sound decisions.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Determining and producing business intelligence solutions based on data extractions performed
• Searching for innovative ways to reduce manual work and add value by giving insight into the information produced
• To create data extraction processes and infrastructure from disparate data sources, employing ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) best practices
• To design, develop, generate and distribute automated reports based on user requirements in an accurate and timely manner
• To extract, manipulate and provide data/stats/information to enable strong analytics and reporting periodically and on an ad hoc basis as required by business to support management teams
• To analyse, present & explain the data content to stake-holders/management
• To drive automation and use of Qlik Sense tools within the business
• To verify the completeness, accuracy, validity & timeliness of the data being reported on
• Periodic and iterative testing that data is updated, accessible, and valid.
• To do user acceptance testing and post-implementation testing for all new or enhanced, automated reports
• To get feedback from users on the value add/usage of the reports
• To analyse, evaluate & reformat wide ranges of information
• To provide support and maintenance to existing management information systems and new applications including assisting users with system or software functionality, technical issues and training
• To assist with continuous departmental process improvement(s) and/or ad hoc requests
• Provide recommendations to update current MIS to improve reporting efficiency and consistency.
• Understand customer problems and provide appropriate technical solutions.
• Provide customer support and assistance in issue troubleshooting and resolution
• Participate in cross-functional meetings to resolve recurring customer issues
• Analyze business information to identify process improvements for increasing business efficiency and effectiveness.
• To work closely with key stakeholders in commercial and analytics to enhance existing data points and provide insights into new data points
• Develops MIS documentation to allow for smooth operations and easy system maintenance.
• Develop, communicate and disseminate MIS capability for customer management and other contact centers within Vodacom and partners we work with.
• Ensuring the integrity of the stored business information by implementing security measures to be adhered to by all users within the customer care organization
• Ensuring that IT has maintained routine system maintenance, backing up systems and applications
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
• Knowledge of Excel spreadsheet, VBA & Pivot Tables
• Knowledge of SQL script writing
• Knowledge of data extraction, manipulation, analysis & presentation
• Knowledge of Contact Centre trends and operational processes
• Facilitation skills are essential
• Analytical thinking skills
• Problem solving skills
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
• Matric / Grade 12 Essential
• Relevant 3 year tertiary qualification i.e. B.Com (Computer Science), B Sc (Computer Science) essential
• 3 years MS SQL Server experience essential
• 3 year SQL experience essential
• 2 year Qlik View / Qlik Sense
• Development experience essential
• Matric / Grade 12 essential
• Relevant certificates essential
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in working with data, data extraction and working with various databases is essential
The base location for this role is Commercial Park, Midrand
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.
Vodacom is committed to an organisational culture that recognises, appreciates and values diversity & inclusion and is committed to support LGBT+ people at work.
If you do not hear from us within 30 days please deem your application to be unsuccessful.
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.