Who are we?
Amplify Investment Partners is a range of Unit Trusts and Hedge Funds where independent asset managers are appointed to manage specific mandates on behalf of our clients. We provide investors with access to a range of boutique managers while aiming to make an impact on the social and environmental issues facing the country.
What will you do?
This position reports the Head of Finance of Group Technology and Information (GTI). The person will be responsible for the end to end financial control and reporting in the GTI projects environment. Because of the nature of the shared service, the function will deal with both internal resources on the expense management, but also with various Sanlam group companies on the recoveries of shared or dedicated project delivery.
Collaboration with stakeholder as well as maintaining and developing financial process and controls and regular accurate reporting is key outputs.
What will make you successful in this role?
Must have good financial knowledge and must have some client exposure with good Microsoft excel skills:
• Technology savvy – the ability to understand the IT related concepts
• Detail orientation
• Deadline driven
• Good finisher and starter
• Financial management (monthly bookkeeping and month end processes) of costs and recovery in respective project portfolio.
• Monthly Mgmt. meetings to discuss financial tracking and projections with IT Cluster Heads, Project managers
• Support Budgeting aligned with IT roadmap
• Forecasting and projections revision and project deliverable
• Develop and maintain transparency of IT cost and cost drivers
• Manage relationship with Clients and Project
• Management of provisions/debtors’ controls
• Translating financial reports to non-financial/l IT technical people
• Identify trends and provide corrective action
• Financial process improvement and controls effectiveness
• Monthly, half & year-end closing
• Expense variance analysis
• Vendor invoice translation to GL account structure
• Maintaining and calculating resource rates and recoveries
• Manage unit cost measures and drivers
• Adhoc financial review
• Business case benefit realisation (on selected projects)
• Grade 12
• Finance degree/Honours or equivalent
• 4+ years working experience at a larger organisation (2000+ employees)
• 3 years relevant experience in IT and/or financial services
• Project financial accounting
• SAP S4 Hana experience will be to your advantage
Knowledge and Skill:
• Strategic data management
• Requirement planning and feasibility studies
• Business Requirements Definition
• New technologies in hardware and software
• Development methodologies
• Extensive working knowledge and experience in development methodologies
• Strong Microsoft excel skills
Tech savvy - Contributing through others
Strategic mindset - Contributing through others
Organisational savvy - Contributing through others
Manages complexity - Contributing through others
Build a successful career with us
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its business clusters – Sanlam Personal Finance, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Sanlam Investments, Sanlam Corporate, Santam, Miway, as well as the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
Cultivates innovation - Contributing independently
Customer focus - Contributing independently
Drives results - Contributing independently
Collaborates - Contributing independently
The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers.
Our commitment to transformation
The Sanlam Group is committed to achieving transformation and embraces diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace as we believe that these are key components to ensuring a thriving and sustainable business in South Africa. The Group's Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the selection process.