Who we are?
Sanlam Investments Group is one of South Africa’s largest investment management companies. We have a performance history spanning over 100 years, and offer a range of investment and financial planning solutions to protect and grow the long-term wealth of our clients.
We take particular pride in:
• Sanlam’s longevity and innovation
• People, teamwork and values
• A culture of diversity and commitment to growing our own timber
• Our robust, tested and proven pragmatic investment process and philosophy
Our local and offshore investment products cover the full investment spectrum: active and passive; single and multi-manager – both locally and internationally. Our active funds range are managed according to our pragmatic value investing style.
Who is Sanlam Global Investment Solutions
Sanlam Global Investment Solutions (SGIS) is the international distribution business unit of the Sanlam Investment Group, providing offshore investment solutions via 3rd party distributors. These include an in-house investment platform, based in Bermuda, as well as a range of Sanlam funds and portfolios, some using Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) technologies.
What will you do?
Compliance and Risk Support
• Assist the sales team with compliance queries
• Review marketing documentation to ensure compliance
• Assist the administration team with compliance escalations for client cases
• Facilitate annual compliance training for the administration team
• Assist the SGIS Operations and Investments teams with compliance queries
• Checking monthly compliance reports for the SGIS funds
• Maintain internal compliance documentation
• Quarterly compliance reporting to risk forum
• Annual CRS tax compliance reporting
• Fund registrations
Risk Management Support
• Assist Sanlam Investments Group Risk with the business unit’s risk queries
• Annual and adhoc risk reporting
• Quarterly risk register reporting
• Managing the SGIS complaints register
• Draft due diligence reviews
• Ensure that all due diligence documentation received is fully completed
• Liaise with the SGIS sales team to resolve any discrepancies on due diligence documentation received
• Liaise with internal business partners and SGIS Exco on due diligence documents reviews
• Maintain all SGIS due diligence questionnaire templates
• Completing due diligence questionnaires on behalf of SGIS
• Ensure that SGIS due diligence information is maintained and kept up to date
• Liaison and completion of Distribution Agreements
• Assisting with agreement queries
• Facilitate legal agreement process with the SIG internal legal counsel and intermediary firms
• Ensuring that the correct information pertaining to SGIS is completed in legal agreements
• Maintain all SGIS legal agreement templates
• Maintain the SGIS agreement matrix
General Administration Support
• Ongoing liaison with outsourced business partners and clients
• Responding to client enquiries and passing these to business partners when necessary
• Ensuring resolution of enquiries
• Project management of various internal projects and product developments
• Specific and ad hoc support as required by the team
• Document management and electronic filing
• Internal and external training material
What will make you successful in this role?
• A relevant business degree or similar qualification
• A minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience working in a compliance environment
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Financial Services Industry, with preference given to compliance and operations experience
• Experience in international compliance an advantage
Qualification and Experience
Degree with 3 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills
Deal with and resolve ad-hoc complaints, enquiries and investigations
Supervision of output of employees
Process more complex transactions and assist juniors with complex transactions
Good understanding of regulatory and statutory environment
Balances stakeholders - Contributing independently
Decision quality - Contributing independently
Directs work - Contributing independently
Plans and aligns - Contributing independently
Build a successful career with us
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its business clusters – Sanlam Personal Finance, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Sanlam Investments, Sanlam Corporate, Santam, Miway, as well as the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
Cultivates innovation - Contributing independently
Customer focus - Contributing independently
Drives results - Contributing independently
Collaborates - Contributing independently
Being resilient - Contributing independently
The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers.
Our commitment to transformation
The Sanlam Group is committed to achieving transformation and embraces diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace as we believe that these are key components to ensure a thriving and sustainable business in South Africa. The Group's Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the selection process.