Sanlam Developing Markets Limited (SDM) (a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sanlam Life Limited) is one of the top financial services providers in South African entry-level emerging middle market. It aims to understand the unique requirements of clients and offers a wide range of simple and affordable financial solutions that cover needs such as funeral insurance, savings for education, life cover and personal accident plans. In terms of the Sanlam Group Governance Policy, SDM is managed by the Sanlam Sky sub-cluster which is part of thr Sanlam Personal Finance cluster within the Sanlam Group. There are four businesses within the Sanlam Sky sub-cluster, namely; Group Benefits, Individual Life, Safrican insurance and African Rainbow Life.
The ability to demonstrate, understanding and apply our Sanlam values is embedded in all roles. Applicants must exhibit their commitment to the values as part of the application process.
• Lead with courage
• Serve with pride
• Care because we respect each other
• Act with integrity & accountability
• Grow value through innovation & superior performance
What will you do?
We have exciting opportunities for self-motivated Financial Advisors, who are keen to make a difference to the financial wellbeing of our clients. We provide a very competitive basic, commission and bonus structure and incentives to motivate you to achieve your career and financial goals.
As a Financial Advisor, you will be marketing the Sanlam Sky range of financial products, Glacier Investment Products, Sanlam Health Gap Cover, Sanlam Fiduciary (Wills) and Santam / Mi-Way Short Term Products to the entry level market that is client earning between R6000 - R25000 per month.
Incumbents in this role will primarily be servicing existing Sanlam Sky Agency clients with a view of re-intermediating these clients and providing professional financial advice and service through various telephony and digital platforms.
Class of Business (COB):
Should the candidate have been deemed Fit and Proper for Tier 1 by 01 April 2018, the candidate is then deemed competent for Class of Business. All applicants that were still under supervision for any competency requirement pre or post 01 April 2018 will be required to have obtained Class of Business prior to appointment. If a potential candidate has not completed Class of Business they are still deemed to be under supervision and cannot be appointed as a Financial Advisor.
Qualification & experience
• Matric / Senior Certificate
• Essential. RE 5 Certificate.
• If you have been in the industry for more than 4 years, you will need to already have 120 FAIS Credits on NQF level 5.
• Minimum 1 year experience as a Long Term Insurance Advisor (with previous Face to Face Client Contact).
• Must currently hold a Long Term Financial Advisor position (unless recently retrenched or other very valid reason for not currently holding this position).
• Must be able to provide advice on Category C products and Retail Pensions
• Valid Drivers License and Own Reliable Transport
• Preference and waiving of certain recruitment steps can occur if you can provide commission statements for the last 6 months, showing monthly commission average of R18000 + Per month earnings
• A smartphone that is compatible with the latest technology, i.e. Android or Apple
Our aim is to help you build a successful career with us
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realize their worth. Through its business clusters – Sanlam Personal Finance, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Sanlam Investments, Sanlam Corporate Santam, Miway, as well as the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers.
The Sanlam Group is committed to transformation and embracing diversity and our employment equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse workplace with employment equity as a key goal to create an inclusive workforce, representative of the demographics of our society as well as people with disabilities.
The Sanlam Group is committed to achieving transformation and embraces diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace as we believe that these are key components to ensuring a thriving and sustainable business in South Africa. The Group's Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the selection process.