Ensure successful delivery of change initiatives within Business through direct responsibility and accountability for the projects within control and influence projects that are not in direct control. Ensure that change initiatives comply with the scalable, reusable and sustainable principles in respect of the architecture, operating model, financial feasibility.
Accountability: Project Delivery
· Liaise with the Change Council to gain approval on projects/change initiatives requested by the various business units (BUs)
· Assign the project/change initiative to the relevant portfolio manager in order for them to effectively resource the project. Vet the resources assigned to the project by the portfolio manager and approve or decline the proposal.
· Oversee the development of the project plan, funding approvals through regular discussions with the portfolio manager or project manager. Provide corrective guidance where needed and approve the final recommendations that the project manager will present to the business units.
· Hold weekly meetings with either the portfolio or project manager to discuss and review progress made, risks and issues identified and where needed, provide guidance and resolution on any relevant matters.
· Ensure that the business environment is appropriately architecture, so that the business as a whole can benefit from one holistic architecture, as opposed to individual silos which support each BU. In designing the architecture of business, specific focus needs to be placed on the Services Orientated Architecture (SOA).
· In conjunction with Group Technology, review, design, discuss and depict a single architecture for the business area.
· Give input to design architecture into discrete layers of functionality that support loose cuppling and scalability from channel to back end applications.
· Conduct research on a frequent basis in order to remain up to date with trends in the industry and the extent to which they impact technology, processes and architecture and evaluate business position against these trends.
Accountability: People Management
· Work with managers in the team to achieve excellent business results through continuous people development and mentoring activities
· Ensure the development of a high-performing team through embedding formal Performance Development and informal coaching for the management team on how to conduct meaningful Performance Development discussions with their direct reports and ensure that they conduct the process effectively
· Determine and analyse training and development needs for managers and ensure they do the same for their teams.
· Ensure that identified training is budgeted for and executed
· Establish and maintain succession plan for the management team in the area using the formal Talent Management process for identified talent and an informal process for remaining roles
· With the support from the HR Business Partner, interview and recruit direct reports and provide support to them during the recruitment of their teams on request
· Ensure that managers create effective workforce plans and recruitment demand plans for their areas
· Review requests from managers in the team for headcount changes.
· Recommend, approve or decline of the request to the COO.
Accountability: Risk Management
· Ensure the successful and profitable end-to-end execution of all change projects within Business, by ensuring that all change governance is adhered to.
· Oversee all project plans to ensure that all the project management standards, for example, the Business Change Life Cycle (BCL) are in place and monitor performance with the portfolio/project manager to ensure that they are adhered to by all team members.
· Communicate to all team members the Absa Policies which are applicable from a Change process and people management perspective, and ensure that compliance to these is monitored in order to determine adherence.
· Ensure quality of project delivery through conducting occasional formal audits on project documentation and reviewing the project assurance reports prepared in the team.
· Take full accountability for the resolution of issues raised in Management Assurance and Absa Internal Audit reviews and ensure that a culture of zero tolerance for audit failures is embedded in the cluster systems and change department.
· Set the budget, review it, identify areas for improvements and manage the area within budget.
Education and Experience Required
· BCom Degree in Finance or Business Management
· 6 Years’ experience in Project Management / Programme Management /Process Reengineering
· Experience in the Financial Services Industry
Knowledge & Skills: (Maximum of 6)
· Understanding of business process
· An understanding of IT Architecture
· An in-depth understanding of IT
· Extensive Project Management Skills
· Networking and relationship management
· Influencing senior stakeholders
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong influencing and negotiating skills
· Relationship management at executive level
· Deep understanding of Absa processes and systems
Competencies: (Maximum of 8 competencies)
· Deciding and initiating action
· Learning and researching
· Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
· Relating and networking
· Adapting and responding to change
· Persuading and influencing
· Creating and innovating