Rosebank College Polokwane
Academic Teaching & Learning
Company primary industry
Job functional area
Purpose of Position
The role of the Lecturer is the delivery of training and education of students, student consultations, the establishment of a knowledge base of the discipline through academic research & development; whilst providing overall support to Academic department.
The ideal individual
We are looking for a passionate professional with thorough knowledge and understanding of:
• The South African Further Education and Higher Education Environment and regulatory framework.
• Teaching and learning theory.
• Assessment methods and processes.
• Student, lecturer, course, and institutional evaluations.
• Outcome based education.
• Teaching and learning interventions.
• Holistic lecturer and student support services.
• Minimum Bachelor’s/ Honours/ Masters Degree in the relevant lecturing discipline
• NQF level 6 qualification in Education (PGDHE or equivalent); Training and Development an added advantage.
• 3 - 5 Years Lecturing experience
• Experience in guidance and counselling, and remediation.
Skills & Competencies:
• The ability to understand the complex role of the academic environment.
• The ability to have a fluid movement between theory & practice.
• Excellent working knowledge of MS Office
• Excellent lecturing and facilitation skills
Roles and responsibilities
• Presenting content in a class environment
• Briefing students for assignments and projects
• Marking assessments and providing feedback
• Actively engaging with current trends in teaching and learning strategies within the Rosebank College environment
• Developing and implementing intervention programmes for at-risk students
Please note that only applications via the website will be considered for shortlisting.
IIE Rosebank College reserves the right to verify all information provided by candidates and to verify credit standing. Please note that correspondence will only be entered into with short-listed candidates.
IIE Rosebank College reserves the right not to make an appointment or to re-advertise.